January 24, 2009

Peanut Cookies

This is my aunt's famous peanut cookie recipe. All my aunts have a famous cookie recipe and this one is from Auntie Pauline Yam. I've made these before for Chinese New Year when I was in Malaysia. Thanks Amy for forwarding me the recipe, took me awhile to convert the measurements to the US measuring system. I'm making these for Chinese New Year this year. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! I know Vance would ...



350 gm (2 ¾ cups) all purpose flour
350 gm (2 ½ cups) peanuts, toasted
270 gm (1 ¼ cup) granulated sugar
250 ml (1 cup and a tablespoon) peanut oil
1 teaspoon salt

1 egg and some water, for egg wash
Some peanuts for decoration

Preheat oven to 325 ºF. Finely chop peanuts in a food processor. Mix flour, peanuts, sugar and salt in a large bowl.


Add in peanut oil and mix until the dough just holds together.



Shape dough into small 1 inch balls. Arrange balls on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.



Brush a layer of egg wash on top of the balls. Decorate with a peanut. Bake until cookie is browned, about 35 minutes.


Let cool and then keep in air tight container.

2 comments:

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

I really, really wanna try all the baking recipes from your site. Unfortunately, the oven's broken and yet to be fixed *cries*

I want to bake peanut cookies!!

Anonymous said...

Hehe ... these peanut cookies remind me of Chinese New Year back in Malaysia where cookie making is an annual thing. It's also a "family recipe" so it's extra special.