December 25, 2012

Fruitcake Balls


I forgot to line my pans with parchment paper when making fruitcakes this year. Needless to say, the whole cake was stuck into the pan and I had to scrape the whole cake out. Not wanting to waste it, I turned the now giant pile of crumbs into delicious balls that looks like sugar plums. Follow my fruitcake recipe (which makes 2 cakes) and crumble 1 cake into pieces. Recipe as follows:

1 fruitcake, crumbled into pieces
1/2 cup speculoos or smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup brandy or rum (you can add more if you want)
1 cup coarse sugar, for rolling

In an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, add fruitcake crumbs, speculoos and brandy. Mix the ingredients on low speed until crumbs start to stick together.



Shape into 1 inch balls. I used a measuring spoon (1 tablespoon) to make the amount and shape even. Roll balls in coarse sugar. Let chill inside refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Serve cold, or room temperature.


No comments: