April 15, 2010

Chicken Waller Court

I came up with this recipe more than 10 years ago although I haven't made it for a very long time as well. My mum absolutely loves this dish, being the peanut fiend that she is. The name of this dish comes from the place I used to live in with my grandma in Malaysia. I felt that it is only appropriate to name it where it was created.


This is an easy dish to make. It goes well with rice, eaten as is or even as an appetizer. This dish is similar to General Tso's chicken but more flavorful and tastier! At least that's what I think. If you can't find sweet chili sauce, you can substitute it using regular chili sauce and some sugar.


2 chicken breasts (about 2 lbs.), cut into cubes
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 tablespoons corn starch
1 tablespoon oil
1 egg (beaten)
Salt and pepper
Enough oil for frying

3/4 cup sweet chili sauce (I used Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce)
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup peanut, roasted and chopped

Marinate chicken cubes with curry powder, turmeric powder, corn starch, oil, egg, salt and pepper for an hour.


Heat oil on medium flame and deep fry marinated chicken cubes until golden brown. Drain and set aside.


Heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add sweet chili sauce and ketchup. Cook until sauce thickens. It should be enough to just coat the chicken pieces. If sauce gets too thick, add a splash of water to dilute it.


Add chicken pieces into the sauce. Mix to coat evenly.


Turn off the heat and add in peanuts. Mix thoroughly. Serve hot.

1 comment:

Raymond said...

Perfect and really tasty. Good photos and I love peanuts too! Good thing about his recipe it looks easy?