June 7, 2008

Ray's Easy Pineapple Cake

I first made this cake when I threw a party and wanted to make a dessert but I'm short on time. So I mixed yellow cake mix with crushed pineapple to give a plain old yellow cake some flair. I am, and still are a huge fan of Rachel Ray so just like her I hate baking. This recipe is quite easy even for someone who hates baking like me. It's a fairly low calorie and moist cake. Makes 10 servings, each slice has 275 calories.
  • 1 (18.25 oz.) box any yellow cake mix (I’m using French Vanilla)
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple with pineapple juice (instead of heavy syrup)
Preheat oven to 325 ºF. Grease the sides and bottom of pan or bundt with nonstick spray. Dust a little flour on the sides and bottom as well.

Mix all of the ingredients except crushed pineapple in a large bowl for about 2 minutes. Add in the crushed pineapple and mix.

Pour batter in pan or bundt. Bake for about 55 minutes. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Cool for about 20 minutes before you take the cake out of the pan or bundt. Make sure the cake is completely cooled. This is a really moist cake so no need for frosting or icing. Enjoy!

No comments: